MBC is a 5 Round, stroke play championship.
The Championship is awarded to the Lowest 72 Hole Net Total (Best 1 of first 2 rounds, plus 3, 4, and 5)
Lift, clean, and place in the fairway for Par 4's or Par 5's that are cart path only or exceptionally wet conditions (Tour Director's Decision).
ROUNDS 1, 2 AND 3
Only the best Net Score of Rounds 1 and 2 is counted towards the 72 hole total.
For pace of play purposes, a maximum score of quadruple-bogey will be used for Rounds 1, 2, and 3. Once a player reaches quadruple bogey for any hole, he MUST pick up and move to the next hole.
For pace of play as well, putts within a foot can be given during Rounds 1, 2 and 3. Gimmes are at the individual group's discretion, but should be limited to near tap-ins on the first 3 rounds only.
ROUNDS 4 AND 5
As per above, for the final 2 rounds, a Max of quadruple will apply for players ranked 9 through 25 after the 3rd round and 4th round respectively. The top 8 players will have NO MAX for the final 2 Rounds.
Tap-in Gimmes in Rounds 4 and 5 will apply to all players outside the top 8 in standing. No Gimmes for Players in the Top 8 for the final 2 rounds.
NET SKINS (ALL ROUNDS)
There will be a Net Skins game for Rounds 1 through 5.
Strokes will fall by Handicap. (e.g. a 5 Handicap player will get 5 strokes on the 5 lowest handicapped holes)
There will be a $20 buy-in per round, all collected monies will be paid out.
If there are no skins won in a particular round, it will carry over to the next round skins game.
A Hole-in-One trumps all skins and collects the full pot for that round.
LOW GROSS BY FLIGHT
In addition to the MBC Net Stroke Play Championship, there will be 4 Flight competitions based on Gross Score for 72 Holes (worst of 1 and 2 will be dropped).
Only 1st and 2nd place will be paid out.
LOW NET PER ROUND
All 5 Rounds will award the Lowest Net Score for 1st and 2nd place
The Player Auction will pay as follows:
60% 72 Hole Low Net Winner
30% 72 Hole Low Net 2nd place
10% Round 5 Individual Low Net Round
-Each player has the right to buy back 50% of his own ownership from the winning bidder
Individual side bets are optional. A Nassu-bet, Match Play for Front 9, Back 9 and Overall is HIGHLY Recommended as the MBC Scoring System can determine winners automatically.
$5 is the usual bet, but that is up to mutual consent of the participants.
HANDICAP AND USGA TOURNAMENT HANDICAP ADJUSTMENT
1. All players are required to have an active GHIN or State Equivalent.
2. MBC Cap will continue to be in effect (USGA formula based on rounds played at MBC events over the last 2 years)
3. 6 Rounds must be posted in the calendar year prior to MBC
4. If there are any issues with either GHIN or Rounds played not in compliance, the player will have their MBC Cap adjusted to 50%
5. MBC Rookies will play with the average of their current GHIN Handicap and their lowest index from the previous 12 months
6. For all players, course handicap will be determined by the lower of current index, and MBC Cap.
7. Exceptional Scoring Adjustment. If a player records 2 scores under their handicap, with the odds greater than 258:1 in the following table, handicaps will be adjusted by setting the revised index to the lowest of the 2 exceptional scores.
EQUITABLE STROKE CONTROL
All Scores are to be posted with ESC. Maximum score per hole is Net Double-Bogey for WGH.